View the winning entries of our 2015 scholarship recipients!
1st place - Eliza Carr, Colorado Springs, CO
2nd place - Kyle Miller, Pickerington, OH
3rd place - Anngelyque Stevenson, Litchfield Park, AZ
Runner up - Michael Hayes, Shoreline, WA
Runner up - Kiea'Ndra Cooper, Bessemer, AL
View the winning entries of our 2014 scholarship recipients!
1st place - Christine Olson, Sterling, VA
Runner up - Julia Espero, Henerson, NV
Runner up - Ethan Rathjen, Hickman, NE
Runner up - Keelyn Sherwood, Topsfield, MA
View the winning entries of our 2013 scholarship recipients!
1st place - Nathan Huber, Saint Peter, MN
Runner up - Venugopal Katta, Chester, VA
Runner up - Elana Foreman, Port Orchard, WA
View past winning entries of the FMAA scholarship program
1st place (2012) - Hecheng "Michael" Wang, San Diego, CA
Runner up (2012) - Alyson Hicks, Lone Oak, TX
Runner up (2012) - Brandon Chrysler, Jamesville, NY
1st place (2011) - Alyssa Wiedemeier, Quakertown, PA
Runner up (2011) - Gloria Lee, Great Neck, NY
Runner up (2011) - Ryan Perry, Warrenton, NC
Runner up (2011) - Anisha Gururaj, Chesterfield, MO
Runner up (2011) - Justin Falcone, Cinnaminson, NJ
Runner up (2011) - Esther Rea, Damascus, MD
1st place (2010) - Stephen Decker, Whitewright, TX
2nd place (2010) - Noelia Callejas, Mesa, AZ
- "I must thank you for making the choice to select me as the winner of this scholarship. This will definitely help me a lot in
funding my college education" - Hecheng "Michael" Wang
- "Thank you again very much for this generous scholarship! You've helped make it possible for students like myself to achieve our dreams!" - Alyssa Widemeier
- "Every bit counts. Every scholarship helps me get nearer to where I need to be. And because of the help I've received, I am
able to attend a university and be a part of the class of 2014" - Second place winner, Noelia Callejas
- Eligible applicants must be high school seniors continuing their education in a degree
program, to help them attain their education goals.
- Scholarships totaling up to $3000 will be awarded annually. This is a one-time
award and is not renewable.
- The winning video entry will become the property of the Flag Manufacturers Association of
- Employees of FMAA member companies are not eligible for this scholarship.
*Any entries not in compliance with these instructions will be disqualified*
- A primary objective for the FMAA in 2016 and beyond is to increase public awareness about the millions of American flags that are manufactured in China and sold in the United States each year. Many are mislabeled so they appear to be manufactured by reputable manufacturers here in the U.S., which is damaging to the reputation of the flag industry, and may are identified as being made in the U.S.A. when they are not.
- While the FMAA is focused on stopping major retailers from carrying counterfeit American Flags and prohibiting misrpresentation of reputable manufacturers on any websites, here is where YOU can help us!
- FMAA invites scholarship applicants to create a public service announcement geared to consumers that asks the question: "How do you make sure the American flag you are buying online is made in America?"
- The video should not exceed 90 seconds in length, and should be posted online to a website such as YouTube or Viemo, with a link sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The email must include the applicant's name, address, phone, email, current high
school, and a brief statement of future plans. Applicant should also include where they learned about the FMAA scholarship program. A copy of a signed FMAA Video Release Form (see below) must also be attached to this email.
- FMAA Board members will review entries and make the final decision.
- Entries are due by May 30, 2016.
- A decision will be made by July 4, 2016, and the winner(s) will initially be notified via email.
- Press releases will be sent to
media outlets after the winning entry(s) has been posted on YouTube and on the FMAA web site.
For a Video Release Form, Click Here
For further information, contact:
Director of Marketing
Flag Manufacturers Association of America
994 Old Eagle School Road, Suite 1019
Wayne, PA 19087-1866
Phone: 610-971-4850/Email: email@example.com
Back to Top